As mentioned earlier this week, I have now made 100 unique Desktop Girl of the Week selections since starting this site way back in 2002 (the feature has come and gone throughout the years). So now seems as good a time as any to unveil a new DGOW Tournament.
The first tournament ran back in 2005, and though it never went to completion, we declared Monica Bellucci the winner. The next tournament took place in 2008, and Christina Aguilera won that won fair and square (despite my lobbying for Kristen Bell).
So here we are in 2010, almost ready for another round of the DGOW Tournament. There's just one problem: since I relaunched the DGOW feature in February, there have only been 29 unique selections, and you can't really have a tournament with a field of 29. Going back to 2008, there was a period while the tournament was going where I was making DGOW selections, but there were only 10 of them. That's not enough for a field of 64, and too many for a field of 39.
So here's the deal: of those 10 choices, I've decided to definitely include Kate Mara and Leighton Meester, bringing the field to 31. I'm going to let you decide the final 2010 DGOW Tournament contestant, via the poll after the jump:
Consider this the DGOW version of the NCAA Tournament "Opening Round" game, because the winner of that poll draws Christina Hendricks in the first round (in the Jean Grey Region). The rest of the first round matchups are as follows:
"Jean Grey Region"
- Leighton Meester vs. Blake Lively
- Kate Mara vs. Rooney Mara
- Erin Karpluk vs. Erica Durance
"Emma Frost Region"
- Alyson Hannigan vs. Amber Benson
- Sarah Lancaster vs. Stana Katic
- Felicia Day vs. Jen Friel
- Zoe Saldana vs. Morena Baccarin
"Betsy Braddock Region"
- Scarlett Johannson vs. Alice Eve
- Darby Stanchfield vs. Rebecca Mader
- Elizabeth Banks vs. Dianna Agron
- Katy Perry vs. Kristinia DeBarge
"Kitty Pryde Region"
- Amy Acker vs. Emma Caulfield
- Deborah Ann Woll vs. Anna Camp
- Amanda Bynes vs. Ellen Page
- Joanna Garcia vs. Karen Gillen
The first round of voting will be unveiled next Tuesday, so be sure to vote in the play-in poll.