The second round has come and gone, but not without some surprises. Prohibitive favorite Christina Hendricks has gone down, and there's a significant voting fanbase that could produce an upset winner for the entire tournament. Before we get to this week's matchups, let's review the results from the second round. And remember, you can always get the latest on every matchup at the DGOW 2010 home page.
"Jean Grey Region"
- Blake Lively def. Christina Hendricks, 58%-42%
- Erica Durance def. Kate Mara, 53%-47%
"Emma Frost Region"
- Stana Katic def. Alyson Hannigan, 61%-39%
- Felicia Day def. Zoe Saldana, 51%-49%
"Betsy Braddock Region"
- Scarlett Johansson def. Darby Stanchfield, 94%-6%
- Katy Perry def. Elizabeth Banks, 59%-41%
"Kitty Pryde Region"
- Emma Caulfield def. Deborah Ann Woll, 67%-33%
- Joanna Garcia def. Amanda Bynes, 61%-39%
Hendricks going down in the second round has to be the biggest upset of this tournament. I didn't even expect Lively to win her first-round matchup with Leighton Meester, much less advance to the quarterfinals.
Then there's the strange tale of Stana Katic. In consecutive matchups, she's fallen behind big early, before surging after her spotlight post. Her fan base seems to be more supportive than I could have imagined, and she could prove to be this tournament's George Mason.
OK, here are your regional finals:
Jean Grey Region: Blake Lively vs Erica Durance
Emma Frost Region: Stana Katic vs Felicia Day
Betsy Braddock Region: Scarlett Johansson vs Katy Perry
Kitty Pryde Region: Emma Caulfield vs Joanna Garcia
Hit the jump or click here to vote.